In this episode, the Ruby Rogues speaks with Adam Cuppy. Adam is the co-founder of Zeal. Zeal is a software consultancy that specializes in Rails, React, and Elixir. In his earlier experience, he was a professional actor. Adam talks about his journey from actor to a developer, and his self-taught experience as he dived into coding for a creative company and learned about marketing. Adam is on Ruby Rouges to talks about his current talk on Rapidly Mapping API Schemas in Ruby. Adam recently presented this topic to the annual Ruby Dev Summit.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Transition to Developer
- Web applications
- Creative and Artistry
- Rapidly Mapping API Schemas in Ruby
- Is this similar to Zappier?
- Meta Programming
- Client Object
- Calling Data
- Being self taught and becoming aware of patterns
- Design patterns
- PHP framework and intro to Rails
- Inspiration to build
- Communication among the team is the first code you write
- What if Shakespeare wrote Ruby?
- Write and tell a new story
- Failure is not that common – Break stuff.
- and much much more.