Charles Max Wood
In this episode, the Ruby Rogues speaks with Trae Robrock. Trae is on Ruby Rogues to talk about his current business Green Bits. Green Bits creates point of sale (POS) inventory management software for the legal cannabis industry. Green Bits has been in business for the last 3 years since 2014, and they have launched alongside Washington states recreational program. Green Bits is functioning 7 states and is running 80% of the Washington market.
Trae explains about the real-time mapping built-in the tracking system in the APIs. Furthermore, Trae talks about the tracking system between the seed to the customer purchase. Lastly, Ruby Rogues digs deep and learn how the infrastructure works for a growing industry.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- The controversial company Green Bits
- Schedule 1 drug
- Banking with this business and industry
- Cash-based business with no paper trail
- Paper trail only on the product
- Tracking data and finances
- 600 customer base
- Track systems APIs
- We are just a startup company starting a real business not potheads
- Modeling Data
- Naming system
- Opening Replicator
- Scaling the system
- ETL - Sub 1 minutes times
- Rebuilding databases
- How long does it take to get up to speed?
- Accounting knowledge
- How do you get started with a Warehousing system like this?
- AWS Lamda
- Star Schema
- and much much more.
- Beats Headphones