Special Guest: Nathen Harvey and Nell Shamrell-Harrington
In this episode, the Ruby Rogues panelist speak with Nathen Harvey and Nell Shamrell-Harrington. Nell is the Senior Software Development Engineer at Chef, the CTO at Operation Code. Nathen is the VP Community at Chef. The topic of discussion is about Chef. Chef is a platform that enables teams to collaborate, share, and automate everything.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- What is Dev Ops? A cultural and professional movement, focused on how we build and operate high-velocity organizations, born from the experiences of its practitioners.
- Chef Automate – the platform that enables teams to collaborate, share, and automate everything.
- Cultural and Professional
- Continuous Automation – Chef, InSpec, Habitat
- 3 Main Focuses: Infrastructure Automation, Compliance Automation, Application Automation
- Instanbul, AWS Cloud, Etc.
- AWS Bean Stalk
- Chef works best at “Massive Scale”
- Where Chef shines!
- More on compliance
- Things to do at the minimum?
- Talks about issues with infrastructure issues at Knight Capital
- Habitat – Application Automation, Build, deploy, run any application, anywhere.
- If you hate Dev Ops?
- Chef Community – Slack
- The best way to learn about each of these – https://learn.chef.io/#/
- and much much more.
- Zat Rana -https://medium.com/personal-growth/how-ernest-hemingway-became-an-overnight-success-3277b482c39c