- Charles Max Wood
- Dave Kimura
- Brian Hogan
- Eric Berry
Special Guests: Greg Kushto
In this episode of Ruby Rogues, the panel discusses how to thwart insider threats with Greg Kushto. Greg is the vice president of sales engineering and security at Force 3. Greg talks about how it is a team effort to uphold information security in a company, especially insider threats. He got started with computer security when he worked at a helpdesk and then moved his way up to making it his full-time career. This episode is great for understanding insider threats, both what they are and how to prevent them.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- What are insider threats?
- Malicious or unaware intent
- Team approach to thwart insider threats
- How did you get started?
- Helpdesk worker
- How to get started in this line of work
- You need to be an expert in order to be successful in this line of work
- Making a statement
- Don’t give everyone full access to everything
- Don’t leave holes in your work
- Most errors are caused by humans
- Insider threats don’t always have malicious intent
- Is there an easy list of things to prevent these threats before they begin?
- How does the new technology affect insider threats?
- What to do when there’s a breach
- And much, much more!
- Auxbeam LED Headlights
- Native Fire