- Charles Max Wood
- Dave Kimura
- Eric Berry
Special Guests: Justin Gordon and Rob Wise
In this episode of Ruby Rogues, the panel discusses React on Rails and Webpacker with Justin Gordon and Rob Wise. They talk about the origins of React on Rails and compare it to Webpacker. They also talk about how the two go hand in hand and how you can use them in your own coding to make your life easier.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- React on Rails library
- Ruby on Rails adopted Webpack and called it Webpacker
- Define your fence lines for your library
- Key features of React on Rails
- Angular issues with Webpacker
- How the original React on Rails worked
- Needed a view helper
- How much of a part is Webpacker to the core team?
- Webpack was huge win
- They made a lot of assumptions when making Webpacker
- Global registration
- Server rendering
- Is there a path with this where you don’t have to be a react expert?
- Much Webpack to I need to know to pick up React on Rails?
- Do we need all of the Ruby stuff built around Webpack?
- React Router
- 2 types of developer to target
- And much, much more!
- Why We Sleep on Audible
- “Top Health Podcasts, Videos, And Books on Ketosis, Intermittent Fasting, Paleo, and related…”
- “Justin’s favorite productivity tools (with Mac and iOS)”