- Charles Max Wood
- Dave Kimura
- Eric Berry
- David Richards
Special Guests: Jacob Stoebel
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Jacob intro
- Are there other places beside code reviews that we give this kind of feedback?
- Talking about code reviews is a great ice-breaker at conferences
- Developing is a creative profession
- Trust must be present for creativity to flow
- What led you to this topic?
- Used to be a high school drama teacher
- It’s possible to give honest and positive feedback
- Code reviews CAN be honest and nice
- Code reviews should be inspiring
- Code review role play
- Example if a good code review vs a bad code review
- Four steps to response process
- Put the author in the driver’s seat as first
- The opinion has to be consented
- Keep the conversation civil and collaborative
- Rule out passive aggressive comments in the future
- And much, much more!