- Eric Berry
- Dave Kimura
- David Richards
Special Guests: Takashi Kokubun
In this episode of Ruby Rogues, the panel discusses Ruby 3 with Takashi Kokubun. Takashi works for Treasure Data as a layers application engineer and works with template engines such as Haml and Hamlit. They talk about JIT Compilers and the upcoming Ruby 3.0 launch and the efforts that are going in to making this launch run more smoothly. They also touch on the importance of optimizing your code and discuss the 3 by 3 challenge with the upcoming Ruby 3.0 launch.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Takashi intro
- Works for Treasure Data
- What is a JCompiler?
- JIT Compiler
- Real world application performance
- Have you done any benchmarks to see if the actual application performance has increased?
- Need method inlining for the best application
- Any efforts being used to speed up Ruby 3.0?
- Trouble with optimizing
- Thinking about optimization in your code is important
- Solve problems using the JIT compiler
- 3 by 3 challenge
- How long have you been working on this compiler?
- Current version of the JIT compiler
- And much, much more!