RR 374: Ruby 2.5 Enumerable Predicates Accept Pattern Argument WITH Prathamesh Sonpatki
- Charles Max Wood
- David Richards
- Eric Berry
- Dave Kimura
Special Guests: Prathamesh Sonpatki
In this episode of Ruby Rogues, the panel talks to Prathamesh Sonpatki about Rails 5. Prathamesh works for BigBinary, where they publish a lot of blog posts on things like Ruby, speaks at conferences and is the organizer of RubyConf India. They talk about the biggest changes that have occurred from the new Rails 5 release, CISM tests, and the struggle that testing brings. They also touch on different testing approaches, especially in Rails 5, Capybara tests, and more!
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Prathamesh intro
- What have you been doing with Rails 5?
- What have you been digging into with testing and features within Rails 5?
- Major changes with testing scenarios
- More focus on end-to-end testing
- Old issues fixed
- Unit testing in Rails
- Refactoring on database cleaning
- CISM tests
- Exploring with Cypress and issues with it
- Hating testing
- Mike Moore talk reference
- Testing across the board integration
- End-to-end testing makes more sense in some situations
- What’s your testing approach for Rails 5 applications?
- Functional load tests
- Capybara level tests
- Service object tests
- And much, much more!
- RubyConf India
- Prathamesh’s GitHub
- 1 (800) 799-SAFE (7233)