RR 406: How Hard is Ruby on Rails to Learn?
- Sentry use the code “devchat” for 2 months free on Sentry small plan
- Triplebyte offers a $1000 signing bonus
- Charles Max Wood
- Nate Hopkins
- David Richards
- Dave Kimura
Charles Max Wood puts the question to the panel, how hard is it to learn ruby on rails? This leads them on an discussion of the evolution of ruby on rails. The simplicity of rails is a theme through their discussion of learning and teaching rails. The panel talks about the importance of collaboration and using the rails community to learn and to avoid messy architecture. The panel shares tips and resources for learning ruby on rails while discussing their mentoring experiences. The panel ends by coming back to the initial question and gives their final answers on how hard is ruby rails to learn?
- Pragmatic Thinking and Learning: Refactor Your Wetware by Andy Hunt
- Company of One: Why Staying Small Is the Next Big Thing for Business by Paul Jarvis David Richards
- A Philosophy of Software Design 1st Edition by John Ousterhout
- How to Take Smart Notes: One Simple Technique to Boost Writing, Learning and Thinking – for Students, Academics and Nonfiction Book Writers 1st Edition by Sönke Ahrens Charles Max Wood
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, Revised Edition by Robert B. Cialdini
- That’s Influence by Robert B. Cialdini Dave Kimura