GIVE US YOUR NUBIES!
Are you a Ruby Nuby? Do you know someone who is? We want to hear from you! We, the Ruby Rogues, are planning an episode all about what it’s like to be a Ruby Nuby in 2012. We want to talk to some actual Nubies. And we need your help finding them. Want to help? Good! Here’s how:
- First, look in the mirror. Did you find a Nuby? Great! Proceed to step #3. Otherwise…
- Find a Nuby! She or he might be someone you’re helping learn Ruby, someone in your local Ruby User Group or meetup, or even someone you know online.
- Got/are a Nuby? OK now for the fun part! Have your Nuby record a 5 minute video talking about their experience learning Ruby. They should answer these questions:
- Who are you?
- What do you use Ruby for?
- How have you gone about learning the language? What resources did you use? E.g. books, videos, blog posts, online courses, one-on-one tutoring, etc.
- What has been the most difficult, surprising and/or delightful aspect of learning Ruby?
- What do you appreciate most about the Ruby community?
- Upload the video to YouTube. Tag it RubyNuby.
- Send an email to email@example.com with a link to your video. (Feel free to post a comment with the link here as well, but we need the email to track things.)
All participants who submit a video will receive not one, not zero, but THREE great incentives! Every participant will get:
Big thanks to RailsCasts.com, RubyMonk.com and The Pragmatic Studio for their generous support! Submissions are due by 10/31/12. We’ll review the videos, and invite a couple of the Nubies
with the best hair with the most awesome hat who match our top-secret Roguish Nuby-selection process onto the show to share their experiences with the Ruby Rogues audience!