Chris Mattmann is a Software Engineer at NASA's JPL. He's the VP of OODT in the Apache Software Foundation and an adjunct professor at USC.
OODT is a framework for managing data from multiple sources and adding them to other data sources for different purposes (like a database and a search engine.) It manages hundreds of thousands of job in a day and terabytes or petabytes of data from various sources.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Apache OODT
- Apache Software Foundation
- NASA JPL
- File Catalog vs Search Engine
- Project Management was the hard part
- Assume that failure happens and recover quickly
- CHLA (Childrens Hospital of LA)
- OODT Contact page (info on mailing lists, etc.)