- Joe Eames
- Cher Stewart
Special Guests: Evan You
In this episode of Views on Vue, the panelists discuss the origin story of Vue with its creator Evan You. Evan was born in China and came to the US for college. He used to work at Google’s creative lab as a creative technologist and worked on Meteor. From there, he started to put more effort into Vue and switched over to Vue full-time. They talk with Evan about his thought processes behind creating Vue and how it has changed since its initial conception.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Evan’s background
- What is Google’s creative lab?
- When did Vue start to blow up?
- Worked on a lot of prototypes at Google
- The inception of Vue
- Got his ideas from when he was working with Angular
- Dirty Checking
- What made him want to build his own framework
- What gave him the confidence to create Vue
- Started as an experiment
- Everything was added over time
- The scope grew gradually, not overnight
- High demand in the community
- What did the initial versions of Vue look like?
- Why did you name it Vue?
- Some planned promotion
- How did it blow up?
- The popularity of Vue
- And much, much more!