- Divya Sasidharan
- Chris Fritz
Special Guests: Eduardo San Martin Morote
In this episode of Views on Vue, the panelists discuss “Vue Libraries, Open Source, Meetups” with Eduardo San Martin Morote. Eduardo is a freelance developer, a core team member of Vue.js, and loves contributing to open source. They talk about his many different open source component libraries, such as Vue-Coerce-Props and Vue-promised. They also touch on the use of templates versus using render functions and the difference between libraries and apps.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Eduardo intro
- What’s the story behind the username “posva”?
- Distributing component libraries
- What is a component library?
- What does mdl stand for?
- Libraries with buttons, modules, checkboxes, etc.
- What other kind of community projects have you been working on?
- What is coerce?
- Where is a situation where you would use Vue-promised?
- How did you come about to want to create Vue-promised?
- He doesn’t use a template, he just uses render functions
- Building components to build other libraries of components
- What are advantages to using templates over render functions?
- When building applications, he always uses templates
- What’s the difference between libraries and apps?
- And much, much more!