VoV 011: Vue Testing with Roman Kuba
- Chris Fritz
- Erik Hanchett
- Divya Sasidharan
- Brett Nelson
- Joe Eames
Special Guests: Roman Kuba
In this episode of Views on Vue, the panelists discuss Vue testing with Roman Kuba. Roman is currently the senior software engineer at Codeship, where he pushes front-end development forward. He talks about his experience switching Cosdehip over to using Vue from Angular, how he completed this task and the pros to using Vue. The panel also touches on the importance of reading the source code and much more!
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Brett intro
- Roman intro
- Using Vue in the front-end at Codeship
- Transition from Angular to Vue
- How did you do the transition?
- Did you find there were differences in how Vue integrated?
- Why did you choose Vue?
- Vue is nice to progress into
- Documentation was really well written
- Got a lot of great feedback from back-end engineers
- Did you have any concerns of its long-term viability?
- Read through a lot of the Vue source code
- Had template written in Slim
- Babble and TypeScript
- Vue is a progressive framework
- Time reading the source code
- Would you recommend using the source code to other developers?
- What was your approach to reading the source code?
- And much, much more!
- Roman’s GitHub
- Technology vs. Humanity by Gerd Leonhard
- Vue.js course to come on Packt Publishing